by: LeAura Luciano
Recently, I chatted with Dayanara Torres and the Puerto Rican born actress, singer, model and former Miss Universe, shared with me about some of the things most important to her. Dayanara has a very philanthropic heart: she serves on the celebrity board of the Ronald McDonald House Charities, has worked for several years with the March of Dimes, Children’s Hope Foundacion, Fundacion Sonrisa, and UNICEF.
In addition to her charity work, she has a resume chock-full of tv and film projects, including The Nail and Watch Over Me. Not only is Torres a great actress, she is also a singer and an author. In 1998, Dayanara released her first and only album called Antifaz. The album reached the top of Billboard charts in Latin America and the Philippines. That same year, a “Dayanara” doll was released and sold out in both Puerto Rico and the Philippines.
In 2008, Torres noted that she authored the self-help book “Married to Me” when she failed to find a book to help her with her 2003 separation from Marc Anthony. As a single mom to two boys, Dayanara was hard pressed to find any books on the topic that were as informative as they were relatable. The book came out in Spanish earlier this year and she shared that it was even more important that it was available in Spanish in the hopes that it might awaken a different view of divorce in the Latino community and their will be a shift in attitude toward divorce.
- Her go to makeup brands are Chanel and MAC.
- Before bed, Dayanara takes it all off! She doesn’t go to sleep with makeup on.
- This Puerto Rican beauty understands the importance of sun protection and stays covered and coated in SPF when spending time in the sun.
- A lover of hydration, she uses Archipelago Botanicals Milk Oat Lotion for her body and is a fan of Bio-Oil for her face.
- Dayanara believes in eating small portions every 2-3 hours to keep full all day and to stave off cravings.
- She loves the dance aspect of the west coast based Cardio Barre classes: www.cardiobarre.com
- Top three: Reem Acra, Carmen Marc Valvo and Eduardo Lucero.
LeAura Luciano is currently the Fashion and Beauty Director of Urban Latino Magazine, and the founder of FreelanceMakeup.com. She is also a member of the ABA, the NY Bar Association, and the Hispanic National Bar Association.