• 1 Pack of frozen empanada discs
• 12 oz Low fat softened cream cheese
• 1 can (16 oz) of guava paste cut into small cubes
• Vegetable oil
• Powdered sugar
1. Take each empanada disc and place a piece of your guava paste in the middle, then spoon a teaspoon of cream cheese on top. fold the empanada in half to create a half-moon shape.
2. Dip your finger in water and wet the rounded side of your half moon. using a fork, press on the round part to seal in your filling. continue to do so for the rest of your empanadas.
3. Heat a large non-stick saute pan or caldero and add oil to coat the whole pan.
4. Once heated, add 2 or 3 empanadas, so they fit side by side. cook on one side until golden brown then flip to do the same on the other. Once the empanada “bubbles” up, place on a platter lined with paper towel to let cool and soak up excess oil.
5. Sprinkle powdered sugar and serve warm.