It is the perfect time to enjoy some warm, mouthwatering soup! Fight the cold weather with a creamy Butternut Squash Chipotle Bisque. It will surely heat up these cold winter days. For additional scrumptious recipes, visit www.ViveMejor.com
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHIPOTLE BISQUE
• 3 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 medium butternut squash
• 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• 1/2 cup chopped carrot
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
• 6 cups water
• 3 tsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
• 1/2 cup Mexican crema [or sour cream]
• 1 Tbsp. Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, discarding as much stringy pulp as possible. Rinse seeds with cold water in sieve; reserve.
3. Arrange squash in prepared dish, cut side down, then pierce with fork. Roast 45 minutes or until squash is very tender; cool.
4. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, celery and carrots, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and cook 2 minutes. Scoop flesh from squash into saucepot. Stir in water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
5. Meanwhile, heat 8-inch skillet over medium heat and toast reserved squash seeds, stirring frequently, 15 minutes or until crunchy. Season, if desired, with salt; set aside.
6. Cool soup slightly, then process, in batches, in blender or food processor until very smooth. Return soup to saucepot; keep warm. Stir in 2 teaspoons chipotle peppers.
7. Combine crema, Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise and remaining 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in small bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Garnish soup with dollop of chipotle cream and toasted squash seeds.
• Cost per recipe*: $3.89. Cost per serving*: $0.49. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.