Tis’ the season to save some time while flying home for the Holidays. Before you travel and get to enjoy the holidays with family and friends, check out these tips that will help you zip through the airport during your trips this holiday season:
1. Check in online up to 24 hours before your flight is set to depart.
2. Arrive at least 90 minutes prior to your departure time if you have a domestic flight; arrive 3 hours prior to departure time for international flights.
3. Make sure to size up your carry-on bag so that it fits in the overhead compartment. Flight requirements for a carry-on is 22″ x 14″ x 9″ with wheels and handles.
4. If a child is traveling without a parent or guardian, check travel guidelines ahead of time.
5. For wheelchair assistance, submit a request at least 24 hours prior to the day of departure.
6. Stay up-to-date on passport and visa requirements.
7. When traveling with liquids, make sure to pack them in 3-ounce containers and place them in a quart-size clear plastic zip-top bag.
8. Read the DOT’s (Department of Transportation) Safe Travel information on packing spare batteries. http://safetravel.dot.gov/tips.html
Traveling during the holidays doesn’t have to be hectic. By using these tips provided by Delta, you can plan ahead and save time and energy for those who matter the most during this holiday season, your loved ones.