Having a steady job has its perks – a check you can count on, a reason to get up in the morning and if you’re lucky, an array of accomplishments that lead to fulfillment. But what happens when the routine starts to take its toll? How do you shake yourself out of monotony and back into excitement? If you’re thinking of taking a weekend trip, here are ten reasons you should:
1. It can lead to inspiration. You may meet new people, run into artists, and consider various career possibilities in the midst of traveling.
2. Traveling alone is a great time to reflect.
3. If you travel with someone else, it’s a good opportunity to get to know that person a little better.
4. A shorter trip can equal less spending, if you plan accordingly.
5. You’ll have stories to tell others, including your coworkers.
6. Because who wants to wait a whole year to travel?
7. Planning a trip will uplift you and give you something to look forward to.
8. Being somewhere new (or somewhere you haven’t been to in a while) will help you regain the sense of excitement you’ve misplaced.
9. It’s a good excuse to do a little shopping and take your mind off your worries.
10. You’ve worked hard and deserve the time off.
If you were to plan a weekend trip, where would you go?