IMUSA Spanish Rice with Corn and Olives
• long grain white rice 2 cups
• Corns on the Cob (or 1 1⁄2 cup of Sweet Corn) 4
• Sofrito 2 tablespoons
• tomato sauce ½ cup
• vegetable or corn oil ¼ cup
• Spanish olives ¼ cup
1, In an IMUSA FRY PAN, sauté the corn until lightly browned and crisp, then set aside to cool.
2. Turn heat on to medium. Add oil, tomato sauce and sofrito in your IMUSA CALDERO. Let it simmer together for 3 minutes.
3. Add the corn to the IMUSA CALDERO. Proceed by adding olives then stir. Cover and let it cook. Blend together for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the rice and stir to coat. Raising the heat to high, add 4 cups of water and stir.
5. Add a pinch of salt and let it cook until the water starts evaporating (7-10 minutes).
6. Reducing the heat to low, cover the Caldero and let cook for 18-20 minutes (or until rice is fluffy).
7. Serve with sweet plantains or green salad.
IMUSA Pollo Borracho
• 1 (4-pound) frying chicken, cut into 8 pieces
• 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
• ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 large onion, sliced thickly
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 bay leaf
• ½ cup dry white wine
• ½ cup tequila
• 1 cup Spanish olives, drained
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano.
3. In the jumbo cooker, heat olive oil and brown chicken pieces on all sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
4. Reduce heat, add onion and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the bay leaves, wine, tequila, and olives.
6. Return chicken to the pan, cover, and cook in the oven until tender and browned, about 40 to 45 minutes.
7. Remove and serve.
For more delicious recipes visit: IMUSAUSA.com