Truth be told, you probably suspected there is something wrong with you well before opening this post. The word ‘wanderlust’ alone is enough to provoke your interest. If you think you have a serious case of the travel bug, chances are you do. Here are ten signs your desire to travel is intense:
1. You can’t hear the word ‘wanderlust’ without daydreaming about the countries you want to visit.
2. All of your expenses are calculated in trips: “$900 for a concert ticket? I pass. That’s a trip somewhere!”
3. You want to go to many countries, but there’s one in particular that sparks an adrenaline rush.
4. Regardless of what you’re celebrating, a trip somewhere is always the perfect gift.
5. Those who know you well, know you’re either planning a trip, or you’re on a trip.
6. Your desire to travel motivates you to make it through the roughest times because you know you have something exciting to look forward to.
7. Planning vacation outfits is one of your hobbies.
8. They may not know it, but you have selected family members and friends for specific trips.
9. When filling out job applications, the words “travel required” do not put you off. The higher the percentage of time you’re expected to be on the road, the greater your excitement for the position.
10. You interpret consecutive mentions of a destination as a sign that you should go there. It’s not like you really need a reason to travel.
How bad is your wanderlust?