Sponsored by Healthfirst
Winter isn’t the time for you to hibernate. You’re not a bear, no matter how many layers of clothing you put on. Winter is great for preparing your body for the beaches, pools and summer nights. But if that didn’t convince you, here are 5 great motivations to stay active this winter.
5 Great Motivations To Stay Active This Winter
1) If the cold and gloomy weather brings you down then find something that you’ll enjoy doing in the winter, other than watching TV. Motivation comes from interest and interest comes from enjoyment – so don’t go running if you don’t enjoy it. Instead, take dance classes or go ice-skating.
2) Who said you have to keep fit on your own. Get with friends or family for group activities. Engaging in activities with somebody or some bodies will create the necessary social support and accountability when you feel lazy and want to stay in your warm and cozy bed.
3) Getting a dress 2 or 4-sizes down or a suit you want to wear for a special occasion in the summer is a great motivational tool. Continue trying out your outfits to gauge how much closer to a perfect fit your attire will be. Remember, your weight does not equal inches. So make sure your exercises build lean muscles while reducing body fat, which will help you to get the shape and size you are looking for.
4) Use social media to keep tabs on fitness instructors and health & fitness influencers. Get inspired by their online activities and learn what they do to keep from gaining the winter weight. Also, the most relevant and best motivations come from friends and family on social media that want to show you support and love.
5) Buying new gear will motivate your swag to come out and play in the cold. A pair of new running shoes, sport jacket or a stylish sweat suit will motivate you to show it off. Whatever gets you going – get it going and stay fit.
Live it. It’s your life. It’s your health!
It’s time for a change! That’s why LatinTRENDS has partnered with healthfirst and created the Live It health section. Designed to bring health content front and forward in a creative, fun, yet important, and engaging way that embraces modern day technology, lifestyle trends and pop culture. Because health and health information should be embraced by all, including the young and young at heart. Live it is brought to you by Healthfirst.