· La Reina del Sur megastar Kate del Castillo will star with
her dog Lola in an upcoming print and television campaign that will
urge people to “fiercely protect your animals.” We’ll be launching her
campaign this summer.
· Spaniard Penélope Cruz spoke out against the cruel fur
industry in an ad this past January, and there’s not an inch of fur or
exotic skins in the collection that she and her sister designed for
Spanish clothing retailer Mango. Last year, Cruz and her husband,
Academy Award–winning actor Javier Bardem, even opened their home to
several rescued dogs and cats.
· In previous years, sexy leading lady Eva Mendes, Jane’s
Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro, Hostel star Jay Hernandez, actor
Nicholas Gonzalez, top gossip blogger Perez Hilton, and Act of Valor
star Roselyn Sanchez have all starred in ads—some of which were rather
risqué!—that encourage people never to wear real animal fur.
· Switched at Birth and George Lopez star Constance Marie and
Y Tu Mamá También heartthrob Diego Luna have both promoted spaying and
neutering, two simple procedures that can save thousands of animals
every year from homelessness.
· Al Rojo Vivo host Maria Celeste has joined Roselyn Sánchez,
Patricia Manterola, and Wilmer Valderrama in speaking out against
forcing wild animals to perform in circuses and has lent her
well-known voice to several radio spots that tackled everything from
promoting spaying and neutering to speaking out against violence
· Spanish music icon Charo and Men of a Certain Age star
Patricia De León tackled the cruel and deadly blood sport of
· Iconic game show host Marco Regil is a vegan and even closed
his show El precio es correcto with an animal rights message. And
Patricia De León, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Vida Guerra, Jaguares, and
Natalia Villaveces have all taken the time to promote healthy and
humane vegetarian meals.
More information is available on PETA’s website PETALatino.com.