Morristown, New Jersey – September 13, 2012 is the Annual Awards Luncheon Celebration of the Morris County Hispanic-American Chamber of Commerce (MCHACC). This year’s honorees include business leaders and professionals from various industries. The Chamber’s role within the community grows strong and helps businesses in challenging times with the support of Aetna Inc. as a Gold Sponsor. This year’s program will highlight Beverly Williamson, Head, Supplier Diversity & Inclusion from Johnson and Johnson. She will address how to obtain business through procurement departments. Elizabeth Chalas Berman, Director & USHCC Regional Committee Chair, will outline business opportunities available through the U.S. Hispanic Chambers. Keynote speaker, Ms. Kim Guadagno, N.J., Lt. Governor & Secretary of State, will share the State’s challenges and prospects of business regarding retention in this difficult economy.
President & CEO, Esperanza Porras-Field, commends this year’s award winners for advancing the Chamber mission. “I admire their conviction to strive for entrepreneurial success. They are an extraordinary group of professionals who have shown tremendous strength and resilience throughout transitioning markets and I am certain that they will continue their professional growth. Christina Martínez, Chairman of the Board, says, “We are excited to recognize two unique professionals for their remarkable dedication & leadership. Receiving the Chairman’s Award is Ludovico Aprigliano, Esq.; the President’s Award, goes to Susan Scheer, Esq. In addition, the Founding Trustees, Silver Diversity Partnership Program who will be recognized are: Prudential, Wells Fargo and Torres Lompart–Sanchez Ruiz, CPA. Their hard work and commitment has played a vital role in advancing minority business ownership and fostering an environment that encourages economic growth.”
As a special memory of the event, the Mariachi Mendoza Group and Javier Ricardo Leal will be performing. The Pledge of Allegiance will be lead by Frank Warholic, Commander of Montville VFW Post 5481 and the United State National Anthem will be sing by Minister, Beverly Epps. The day will be blessed by Father Hernan Aria, Pastor from Saint Margaret of Scotland Church, Morristown.
The Award Honorees will be available for interviews; their unique stories will inspire many.
2012 winners, presented by the MCHACC, are:
- Business Man of the Year: Hugo Almeida, President, Abitronix, Flanders, NJ
- Business Woman of the Year: Norma Ponciano, Owner George Deli, Morristown, NJ
- Media Advocate of the Year: Latin Trends, Juan Guillen, Founder & Publisher, NJ & NY
- Board Member of the Year: Hope M. Field, Director Young Business & Professionals, Morristown, NJ
- Large Corporation of the Year: Wyndham Worldwide, Jose Nido, Vice President, Global Supplier Diversity, Strategic Sourcing, Parsippany, NJ
- Enterprise Corporation of the Year: American School of Business, Charles ‘Chuck” Davies, Founder & Owner, Fairfield, NJ
- Community Leadership Advocate of the Year, ( Individual): Tom Kadala, Founder & CEO, Alternative Technology Corp, NY
- Community Leadership Advocate of the Year, (Corporation): Johnson & Johnson, Ruben Taborda, Chief Procurement Officer-Medical Devices & Supplier Diversity, NJ
- New Business of the Year: Café y Canela Restaurant, Owners, Saul Garavito & Martha Pena, Boonton, NJ
- Volunteer of the Year: Melanie Dombro, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Community Economic Development Advocate of the Year: Lynda Ireland, President & CEO, Minority Supplier Development Council, NY & NJ
For over 20 years, the MCHACC is proud to advocate and promote the success of Hispanic-owned businesses and community leaders. In recognition for its efforts, the Chamber has continually been hailed as one of the Best Chambers in the Northeast. It is the leading Hispanic advocate for Latino businesses in Morris County. The Chamber regularly works with state legislators and state governments to promote access to capital, healthcare, education, immigration reform, small business and procurement reform, and improved tax policy, technology, and employer regulations. It continues to set the standards of excellence for future growth and continued success.
To attend the MCHACC Annual Awards Luncheon, register online at www.mchacc.org. RSVPs or additional information, contact Event Chair, Danielle Sadighi at (201) 874-4788