With the help of talented Chef Ema Quevedo, you’ll be cooking your way to a touchdown and preparing the best gathering! That’s right, Chef Ema’s scrumptious recipes and brilliant tips will have you scoring big with your friends. Take a look at the recipes below, including Chicken Fajita Grilled Pizza and Chipotle Enchiladas, to name a few.
Good luck to your team whether it be the Denver Broncos or the Seattle Seahawks!
CREAMY JERK DIP
• 2 Tbsp. lime juice
• 4 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
• 2 cups sour cream
• 1 1/2 cups Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
• 1 1/2 tsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning
1. Microwave lime juice and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon in small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 seconds or until hot.
2. Combine bouillon mixture with remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Serve, if desired, with tortilla chips or your favorite dippers.
LATIN-STYLE STREET VENDOR CORN ON THE COB
• 6 ears corn-on-the-cob
• 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
• 3 Tbsp. sour cream
• 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 Tbsp. FRANK’S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
• Juice from 1 lime
• 1 clove finely chopped garlic
• 1/4 tsp. chili powder
• 1/2 cup finely grated Cotija cheese [or Parmesan]
1. Grill, steam or boil corn until tender.
2. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients except cheese in small bowl.
3. Arrange hot corn on serving platter; cool 3 minutes. Drizzle with Mayonnaise mixture; turn to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
CHICKEN FAJITA GRILLED PIZZAS
• 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
• 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
• 2 large poblano peppers
• 2 (12-in.) prebaked pizza crust
• 1 1/2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
• 3 cups shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese [or cheddar cheese]
• 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Lightly coat chicken and onion with oil, then season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Grill chicken, onion and peppers, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender. Don’t be alarmed when the peppers turn black while grilling. The skin will easily peel or slip off after cooling. Wrap peppers in aluminum foil; let stand 5 minutes, then remove skin and thinly slice. Thinly slice chicken; set aside.
2. Grill top side of pizza crusts 1 minute; remove from grill. Evenly spread pizzas with Ragu® Old World Style® Tomato & Mozzarella Pasta Sauce, then evenly top with chicken, vegetables and cheese. Grill pizzas, covered, 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve, if desired, with additional heated Sauce and diced avocado.
CAUTION FLAG CHICKEN WINGS WITH MAPLE BOURBON GLAZE
• 36 chicken wings (about 3 lbs.)
• 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup pure maple syrup [or pancake syrup]
• 1/2 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
• 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce, (optional)
• 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
1. Cut tips off wings; cut wings in half at joint.
2. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden. Add syrup, ketchup, bourbon and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. With wire whisk, stir in Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise until smooth.
3. Grill or broil chicken wings, turning occasionally and brushing frequently with sauce, 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
4. Variation: Use a 2-1/2- to 3-pound chicken, cut into serving pieces instead of chicken wings and grill 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
• 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
• 2 medium zucchini, diced
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 Tbsp. finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
• 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
• 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
• 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
• 16 corn tortillas
• 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
Preheat oven to 400°.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook zucchini and onion, stirring frequently, 6 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook garlic and chipotle peppers, stirring frequently, 30 seconds. Stir in Pasta Sauce and simmer covered 4 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in sour cream.
3. Combine chicken, vegetables and 1 cup sauce mixture in large bowl.
4. Spread 1/2 cup sauce mixture in 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Arrange 6 tortillas on sauce mixture. Evenly top with chicken mixture, then remaining tortillas and sauce mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake 20 minutes or until enchiladas are heated through and cheese is melted.