- 1. Buy a new ENERGY STAR room air conditioner, and we’ll give you $25. Download rebate applications here.
2. Keep A/C filters clean so your system runs more efficiently.
3. When you set your thermostat, keep in mind that every degree you lower it increases costs by 6 percent.
4. When the A/C is running, close doors to keep cool air in and hot air out.
5. Keep shades and blinds shut to keep the sun out.
6. Add up your savings with our free online energy calculators. Find out ways to save energy on your appliances.
7. Run ovens, washing machines, dryers, and dishwashers early in the morning or late at night.
8. Cook in the microwave or outside on the grill to keep your kitchen cool.
9. Call our EnergyLine (1-800-609-4488) for information on heat stress and additional tips to save on summer energy bills.
Watch more tips here:
If you have power problems, we need to know. Report outages and check service restoration status at conEd.com/sm or by calling 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633).
For cooling center locations and hours, call 311 in NYC or 914-813-5630 in Westchester County.