By: Geraldine Estevez for LatinTRENDS.com
London, like many other destinations, is rich in culture. With its vibrant residents and thrilling attractions, deciding what to do while visiting can be challenging. We’ve narrowed it down for you. These are 10 things we think you should do while in London:
1. Visit The Tower Bridge. Fifty designs were submitted for the bridge, and it wasn’t until October of 1876 that its grandiose design was chosen. You can view the 49 designs that didn’t make the cut at the Tower Bridge Exhibition.
2. Ride the tube! London has a fully functional and impressive public transportation system. Its layout is similar to other subways systems, but a few details set it apart.
3. Get on the London Eye. The name of this attraction is highly suitable. While atop the London Eye, you’ll be able to see the entirety of London and possibly gather inspiration for the remainder of your trip. Where to next? Just look around and pick a destination!
4. Go inside one of London’s red phone booths. Red phone booths are to London what yellow cabs are to New York City. You can’t leave before taking a fabulous picture in front of or inside one.
5. Walk by, in front of, or across the river from Big Ben. Whichever view you choose is sure to blow you away. Big Ben’s architecture is as prestige as the rest of the city.
6. Piccadilly Circus is a must. No, it’s not an actual circus, but its liveliness will remind you of places, such as Times Square.
7. Walk from the London Eye to St. Paul’s Cathedral. Though lengthy, it is a magnificent walk, and a great way to familiarize yourself with your surroundings. St. Paul’s Cathedral is a great point to walk with. Its interior is just as, if not more impressive than, its exterior.
8. Take in the incredible architecture of Buckingham Palace. Buckingham has an impressive number of rooms – 775, to be exact. You can’t get more royal than the queen’s official London residence.
9. Visit the Natural History Museum not just for its displays, but for its astounding architecture.
10. Treat yourself to afternoon tea at a fancy hotel or restaurant. Accompanied with live classical music and dessert, afternoon tea is a wonderful way to unwind and seal what is sure to be an unforgettable trip.
The most important thing you can do while in London is to live in the moment. Leave all worry back home. Take in the people, the sounds and of course, the breathtaking views.