The Go Red™ Multicultural Scholarship Fund which provides scholarships around the nation to Latinas and other women of color whom are pursuing degrees in healthcare. We’re awarding 16 scholarships of $2,500 each ($40,000 total) to qualifying applicants. The winners will be announced in February, during Heart Month.
Below are some key dates that will be important for your readers who might be interested in applying:
Deadline is Nov. 30, 2011
To qualify, you must be:
- Female of Hispanic, African-American, Asian/Pacific Islander or American Indian/Alaskan Native heritage
- A U.S. citizen/permanent resident of the U.S.
- Attending an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Currently in your freshman or sophomore year
- Pursuing a career in healthcare (nursing, biology, etc.)
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA