As you probably know by now, Brazil and Chile are head to head in today’s World Cup match. If you’re a traveler, chances are the two are in a tough match in your head , too. While there are plenty of reasons to visit Brazil, Chile has a few gems of its own. We’ve selected five Chilean landmarks that will make you want to stop watching the game and actually visit the country.
1. Valle De Luna: Its large dunes and sand formations resemble the moon. Hence the name, which translates to “Valley of the Moon”
2. Lauca National Park: Located in the Andean range, it is one of the top tourist attractions.
3. San Rafael Glacier: Located within the Laguna San Rafael National Park, it is a breathtaking sight to witness by boat.
4. Cerro San Cristóbal: It lends itself for a beautiful view of the city.
5. Easter Island: Located approximately halfway to Tahiti, it offers wonderful diving, surfing, sand beaches and two volcanic craters.
When will you be traveling to Chile?