With Three Kings Day just a few days away that marks the end of the holiday season, throw one last get together for your family and friends with these recipes from Heidi Nazarudin, a professional blogger, writer and the Founder of The Blogger Babe’s association.
6 oz. Champagne
1 shot Cointreau
Splash of cranberry juice
1. Chill all of the ingredients beforehand
2. Pour the Cointreau and cranberry juice into a chilled champagne flute and stir well
3. Top with champagne
4. Garnish with a bit of orange peel and cranberries and enjoy!
The following dishes are a few of Heidi’s traditional favorites.
Canned maraschino cherries
1. Heat oven to 325*
2. Take the smoked ham and use a sharp knife to score the outside top of the ham, making squares and diagonals
3. Take the canned pineapple rings and insert them with toothpicks over the top of the ham
4. Add the maraschino cherries to the center of the pineapple rings with toothpicks
5. Use the pineapple juice to baste over the turkey
6. Heat in the oven for an hour to an hour and a half until heated through
2 lbs. frozen hash brown potatoes – thawed for ½ hour
1 cup chopped onion
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. sour cream
1 stick butter, melted
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
Salt and pepper
Potato chip crumbs
1. Mix all the above ingredients, except for the cheese, onion and potatoes and heat over low heat in a saucepan
2. Place the cheese, onion and potatoes in a 13 x 9 baking dish
3. Pour the heated mixture over the potatoes
4. Top with crushed potato chip crumbs
5. Bake at 350* for 1-1/2 hours
Let’s hope these and other favorites make it to the table and continue for many years to come.