• 8 (8-inch) long skewers
• 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided into 2 equal parts
• 1 tablespoon pickled habanero, without seeds and chopped
• 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• Salt and pepper
• 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. Soak skewers in cold water for 2 hours.
2. In a medium bowl combine orange juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, habanero, 1 teaspoon of garlic, cilantro, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Mix this mojo well and set aside for later use.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 teaspoon garlic and set aside.
4. Skewer shrimp and brush each on both sides with the garlic and olive oil mixture, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Cook shrimp on a hot grill for 2 minutes on each side, while brushing on the remaining olive oil and garlic mixture.
6. Arrange shrimp on a serving platter and drizzle with the orange mojo.