by: LeAura Luciano
Traveling in style is not as simple as it used to be. That’s why I asked frequent travelers and 3FLOZ.com co-founders Alexi Mintz and Kate Duff for their top tips to make airport travel a breeze.
1. Check in online beforehand. Not only to choose your seats, but
if you’re checking a bag you usually save on fees by paying ahead.
Arrive at the airport earlier than usual, even if you’re carrying on.
2. Pack your beauty, grooming and personal care items, as well as
an extra pair of underwear, in your carry-on so that if luggage is delayed or lost you can still look and feel your best. The custom Kits by 3floz.com were created exactly for that reason (From $30.00, 3floz.com).
3. Travel with a multi-use balm like Air Repair’s Rescue Balm
($12.00, 3floz.com). It can be used wherever skin is dry, from lips to cuticles and elbows and it locks in moisture for hours. Kate also uses it as a gentle eye makeup remover.
4. Always have hand sanitizers with you when you travel. Alexi
always carries on Herban Essentials naturally antibacterial and antiseptic towelettes in lavender, lemon and peppermint scents ($15.00, 3floz.com) for everything from her hands to the airplane seats.
5. When traveling internationally make sure to have copies of your passport, travel documents, emergency contact info and extra currency in different bags in case one is lost or stolen.