Working out, to some, might not feel as much fun as to others. Yet, regardless of the fun factor the results will make you feel and look amazing and the health benefits outweighs not working out at all. So don’t hesitate to work yourself into shape or into a healthier lifestyle.
Here are 10 interesting and fun facts about fitness you did not know that will keep you interested and hopefully motivated.
- Did you know that an estimated 22% of American adults partake in physical fitness activities for at least 30 minutes 5 times a day. Maybe that’s why a third of the country is obese and the U.S. rates as the highest obese nation in the world, according to a published study by Lance.
- The word ‘gymnasium’ comes from the Greek word “gymnazein”, which literally means, “to exercise naked.” So don’t complain when you see a guy working out without his shirt in a “gymnasium”.
- Walking at a fast pace burns almost as many calories as jogging for the same distance.
- Even if you have never worked out, you can start a workout routine and become fit and healthier at anytime.
- Exercising is more effective than coffee at increasing energy levels
- It takes about 12 weeks after beginning to exercise to see measurable changes in your body.
- You will burn more calories sleeping than watching television.
- 5 million children and teens that don’t participate in regular, sustainable physical activities in the United States are considered obese.
- Exercise boosts brainpower.
- Working out decreases depression moods and stress levels.