Meet ED Salas, 2016 Trendsetter Awardee and President / Founder of Salcare Home Health Services.
About the event
The Fourteenth Annual Latino Trendsetter Awards, a landmark celebration of excellence in enterprise, arts, entertainment, health, education and community leadership, will be held at on Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 from 6-10 P.M. at The Symphony Space Theater in New York City. The event is sponsored in part by New York Presbyterian Hospital, Inca Kola, CUNY . Media (sweepstakes) partners, La Mega 97.9 & Amor 93.1 and presented by LatinTRENDS. It will commence with a VIP red carpet reception, attended by awardees, influencers and media.The award presentation will be partially open to the public and special guest and will start at 8PM. It will feature a musical performances by Frankie Negron , a multi-cultural dance performance featuring tango, flamenco, salsa and bachata music. Emerging urban Tropical musician, Doñé, will perform live as well.
The Event will be co-hosted by Actress, speaker and author, April Hernandez Castillo and Luxury Real Estate Broker and star of Bravo’s Emmy-Nominated Million Dollar Listing New York, Luis D. Ortiz
Meet Ed Salas
Ed Salas entered the field of home health care more than three decades ago, providing services to the underserved minority communities in the New York metropolitan area. Through his experience, he has found a lack of culturally-oriented services being provided to these communities and has made this a benchmark in both the provision of services and training.
He is President and Founder of Salcare Home Health Services, Inc., providing professional and para-professional home care services to care for the sick and homebound. Salcare is a Licensed Home Care Services Agency (LHCSA), licensed by the State of New York Department of Health and is accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program, Inc., (CHAP) an independent, not-for-profit, national accrediting body for community-based health care organizations.
For many years, Mr. Salas has maintained successful multi-lingual training programs in English, Spanish and Chinese. These programs have been approved through the New York State Department of Health and, separately, the New York State Education Department. Core training is provided to both private individuals and students referred by non-profit agencies, some at no cost to the student and is provided in the native language of the student.
Mr. Salas is responsible for Salcare’s growth in both the training and client care areas. He works extensively with community-based women and minority organizations throughout the five boroughs to provide needed home care services and training to these areas. He has also been working with the veteran communities in New York City. His efforts have helped to improve the general health, provided jobs and aided in the economic growth of these communities.
Highlights of Ed Salas’s community outreach leadership efforts throughout the metropolitan New York City area:
- Co-chair of the Chinese Immigrant Services, Inc,, a non-profit organization providing services to aide members of the community with assimilation into American Life. Founder of their Latino Division and serves as Chair, helping to foster joint projects amongst the Latino and Chinese communities.
- Member of the board of RAIN, Inc., a Bronx based organization providing home care and services to seniors and is co-Chair of their home care division
- Founder of two groups: Latino Unidos de Flushing and The Statewide Association of Minority Businesses, which continues to foster Hispanic and Asian relations locally and on a statewide level.
- Member of the Yonkers Hispanic Federation Chambers of Commerce, Inc
- Serves on the board of RAICES, a Brooklyn based health and human services organization
- 1992 to 1997, Member of Community Board 7, Flushing, Queens, and its health committee, the Board’s first Latino appointee
- Treasurer of the New York delegation of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) from 2009 to 2013. LULAC is the oldest national Latino support organization in the nation, celebrating its 85th year.
LatinTRENDS is a multi-media and marketing company that connects with the acculturated Hispanic community via its flagship monthly print magazine, weekly e-newsletter, daily content on LatinTRENDS.com and events. The brand’s content is bi-lingual, covering the latest trends in entertainment, travel, technology, wellness, business and cuisine, including featured Hispanic professionals & entrepreneurs. Content also covers exclusive interviews with celebrities and innovative people that influence trends in pop culture.
For more information, see other winners and to purchase tickets (limited amount), clickhere: http://bit.ly/21fgLWf
Subscribe to our free weekly e-Newsletter http://bit.ly/1BcjOjX