SAG Award-winning actress Diane Guerrero hosted the annual Orgullosa #LivingFabulosa event on February 23 at The Paley Center for Media in New York City, bringing together a powerhouse of Latina trendsetters through the “Motivating Through Mentors” panel highlighting the need to have more Latina role models and mentors to inspire and guide young Latinas. Panelists included singer Raquel Sofia; Vixen Workout founder, Janet Jones; Project Enye founder, Denise Soler Cox; personal branding expert Emmelie De La Cruz; and the head of multicultural marketing for Google, Eliana Murillo.
With more than 300 attendees, notable guests included Guerrero’s fellow cast members on “Orange is the New Black,” Karina Ortiz, Jackie Cruz and Berto Colon, JW Cortes from Fox’s “Gotham” and Team U.S.A. Fencer, Natalie Vie.
Guests also participated in the confidence-boosting sessions led by the panelists and inspired and supported by P&G’s beauty brands:
- “Moves Like No Other” with Janet Jones, Founder, Vixen Workout (Venus®)
- “Dreams Are Ageless” with Denise Soler Cox, Founder, Project Enye (Olay®)
- “Embody Fearlessness” with Raquel Sofia, singer/songwriter, Sony Music (Secret®)
- “Strengthen Your Brand” with Emmelie De La Cruz, Personal Branding Expert (Pantene®)
- “Healthy, Happy & Hired” with Eliana Murillo, Head of Multicultural Marketing, Google (Crest®)