Saint Patrick’s Day is here!
Celebrate this Irish festivity with a Latin twist! Treat your guests to a delicious brunch party. Add green to your breakfast with a scrumptious Avocado Breakfast Sandwich. Then, whip up these creative and delicious dishes with chicken, shrimp, chorizo and jalapeño.
Make sure you add greenery to the plate, too for that “lucky” detail. With these fun recipe ideas from www.vivemejor.com, your guests will surely enjoy all the St. Patty’s Day festivities on March 17th!
Don’t forget to wear green!
AVOCADO BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
● 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
● 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
● 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
● 1 tsp. lime juice
● 1 Knorr® Chipotle MiniCube, crumbled
● 4 large eggs, cooked as desired
● 1 avocado, thinly sliced
● 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
1. Heat first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan on low heat; set aside.
2. Layer eggs and avocado on toast, then drizzle with sauce.
CREAMY CHIPOTLE AVOCADO DIP
● 4 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed with fork
● 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
● 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
● 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
● 2 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
● 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
● 2 Tbsp. lime juice
● 1 1/2 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
● 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Serve, if desired, with tortilla chips or your favorite dippers.
CHICKEN & CHORIZO SOPES
● 2 cups masa harina
● 1 1/3 cups warm water
● 1 Knorr® Cilantro MiniCube , crumbled
● 1 box (10 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
● 2 Tbsp. olive oil
● 1 medium zucchini
● 4 ounces chorizo sausage, finely chopped
● 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken(about 2 cups)
● 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
● 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
● 4 ounces crumbled queso fresco cheese
1. Combine masa harina, water and Knorr® Cilantro MiniCube; set aside.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook corn until golden brown, about 8 minutes; remove corn and set aside.
3. In same skillet, heat olive oil and cook zucchini until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in chorizo and cook until browned. Stir in corn and chicken; cook 2 minutes. Stir in Pasta Sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in cilantro; keep warm.
4. Roll masa mixture into 16 balls, then cover with plastic wrap.
5. Shape balls into 3-1/2-inch discs, a few at a time. In another skillet, heat a small amount of oil, if desired, and cook discs over medium heat 1 minute on each side. Remove from skillet; cool slightly. With fingers, pinch up edge of sope to make rim. Return to skillet and cook 2 minutes or until dough is firm and cooked through; keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough.
6. To serve, top sopas with Sauce mixture, then top with queso fresco. Garnish, if desired, with additional cilantro.
TIP: Filling can be used as a pizza topping OR in burritos OR served with tortilla scoops.
CHIPOTLE-LIME CRUSTED CHICKEN TENDERS
● 2/3 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
● 1/3 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese, finely shredded
● 1 Tbsp. lime juice
● 1/4 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper
● 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
● 1/2 cup crushed plain tortilla chips
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Combine Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, cheese, lime juice and ground chipotle in medium bowl. Stir chicken tenders into Mayonnaise mixture to coat all sides.
3. Roll or toss tenders in tortilla crumbs, pressing crumbs into chicken. Arrange chicken on baking sheet sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
4. Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked and tenders are crunchy, about 15 minutes.
COCONUT SHRIMP MINIS WITH TROPICAL SAUCE
● 1 package (12 oz.) frozen coconut shrimp, reserve dipping sauce
● 1/3 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
● 10 party-size potato rolls, split
● 5 slices Muenster cheese [or Swiss cheese], cut in half and folded over
● 10 pieces green leaf lettuce leaves
1. Cook coconut shrimp according to package directions; remove tails.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons dipping sauce with Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise; evenly spread on bottom of rolls. Top with cheese, cooked shrimp and lettuce, then remaining rolls; secure with toothpicks.
3. Garnish, if desired, with cubed mango, papaya or pineapple.
*If coconut shrimp does not have dipping sauce, blend 2 tablespoons tropical flavored jam or preserves (pineapple, orange) with Hellmann’s or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise.
MOJITO MACARONI SALAD
● 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked, drained and cooled
● 1 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
● 1/2 cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
● 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
● 2 green onions, finely chopped
● 1/4 cup lime juice
● 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint leaves
● 1 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
1. Combine all ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.